To help the UN “speak with one voice” to partners and the media on a range of key development and policy issues, the One UN Communications Team continues to experiment with ways to integrate and coordinate communication work across UN agencies. In the past year a new structure and management board for the team were established, further institutionalizing this inter-agency team of communications specialists from UNDP, UNFPA, UNICEF, UNAIDS and UNV. The results include a strong common advocacy voice and a clear UN position on issues of relevance for Viet Nam such as the economic crisis, food security, domestic violence, road safety, health insurance, and avian and human influenza (A/H1N1), among others.
Better collaboration and more centralized communication capacity have brought greater coherence to UN advocacy messages, and has advanced the positioning of the UN on these key themes. To support the much greater internal communication needs under the One UN Initiative, the Team has developed new communication tools and services, including a One UN Intranet linking electronically all UN staff in Viet Nam for the first time.
- One UN Communications Team Annual Report for 2011
- One UN Communications Team Strategy and Plan for 2010
- One UN Communications Team Annual Report for 2009
- Case study: Speaking with ‘One Voice’: Launch of the Asia Pacific Human Development Report on gender
- Overview of the One UN Communciations Team June 2010